Prestige Medical Group
Urology & Sexual Health in Santa Ana, CA
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Q & A
What is bioTE?
- BioTE® Medical’s method of pellet therapy has helped hundreds of thousands of men and women across the United States achieve hormone balance and restore their health. BioTE’s approach to hormone therapy utilizing pellets involves bioidentical hormone pellets that minimize the negative side effects that are commonly associated with synthetic hormones.
How does BioTe work?
- The BHRT pellets we utilize allow for the consistent administration of the necessary hormone or hormones, which prevents side effects that patients can experience from creams and pills. You will receive two to four subcutaneous pellet insertions per year.
- During your in-office visit, which only takes a few minutes, the insertion site somewhere around the upper buttocks, will be numbed. A small incision will then be made, the hormone pellet inserted, and the insertion site covered with a small bandage. The pellet will dissolve and your body will absorb the contents, leaving nothing behind. Each patient’s symptoms are unique, and your journey will be customized to fit your specific needs. Some patients see improvement in as little as two to four weeks, but full optimization can take up to six months.
Who is the right candidate for bioTE?
- If you think you might benefit from hormone replacement therapy, the first step is to schedule a consult with Prestige Medical Group or your nearest provider. Our providers will determine if you are eligible for BHRT, and if you are, we’ll schedule an appointment for the first insertion. BioTE also requires a comprehensive blood panel, which you can discuss with your medical provider. After all of these steps are complete, you are ready for hormone pellet insertion.
What are the benefits of bioTE?
- If you are suffering from exhaustion, stress, foggy thinking, weight gain, sleep disturbances, or other symptoms, HRT benefits may be able to help you. The benefits of hormone therapy include relief from your hormone imbalance symptoms and a restoration of your hormones to optimal levels. Some patients start to feel the benefits of hormone therapy in as little as two to four weeks, but full hormone optimization can take up to six months, depending on the individual’s needs as well as the treatment plan that they decide to proceed with.
- Patients tell us they experience increased energy, strength, weight loss, better moods, restored libido, improved relationships, and overall they feel younger, healthier and happier.
What are the advantages of bioTE over other hormone therapies?
- When it comes to the BioTE® Medical’s method of pellet therapy vs. synthetic hormones, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) is the practical choice. Synthetic hormones are not identically matched to those made by the body, making them less effective and more likely to create adverse side effects than the bioidentical hormone pellets. Our approach to hormone therapy has fewer and less severe side effects than synthetic hormone therapy.
Is there clinical research for bioTE medical?
- BioTE Medical has performed over one million pellet insertions, making us one of the leaders in bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, or BHRT.
Is bioTE covered by insurance?
- No, it is not covered by insurance. Please check with your certified bioTE provider for treatment packages and pricing.
"Everyone at this office is absolutely the best! Caroline is thorough and listens to my concerns. Suzi is amazing too. She is very patient and takes good care of me and has a great demeanor. I highly recommend this office." - Holly K.